Monday, 24 March 2014

Why I write



I write to hear my soul speak to me,
To fulfill my promise to self,
To give a voice to my thoughts and to be the voice of reason at the end of the day.

I write to learn,
To teach the truth,
To hear and speak the truth.
I write to numb the negative thoughts,
To treasure the positives,
To gain understanding.

I write to free a spirit,
To enlighten a path,
To give love and to be love.

I write, and by writing the lioness in me roars to be set free from the cage,
And that makes me glow,
Gives me a reason to live,
Determination to grow. 
Hope becomes my second name and love my surname.

I write in my happiest and saddest moments.
I write in my strongest and weakest moments,
And I cherish every single day that goes by under the sun.

I write a story untold,
To see the unknown and the hidden. 
I write to serve, to heal, to mend the broken pieces
And restore life.

I write. 

No comments:

Post a Comment